Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 4-H

Happy New Year Everyone.  I hope you celebrate.  One of the traditions is to make new year's resolutions.  I don't know that I always do.  But a new year rolling around makes me think of the past behind me and what is finishing or ending.  Then I think of the new year coming and what could be better...what I might like to change.

Two years ago I resolved to live healthier.  I have lost over 60 pounds in the last two years.  I went from a size 20 to a size 10 - 12.  I didn't just go from point A to B there were steps and plans involved.

First I had to make healthier eating choices.  I had to LEARN what healthy foods where and how MUCH food I was supposed to eat to be healthy and fuel my body.

Next, I had to begin an exercise program to burn calories and help my body so that I could be fit.  The goal wasn't necessarily losing weight.  It was to have a healthier life style.  So exercise was important.

Getting enough rest, dealing with stress, making and keeping medical appointments all branched out from that first goal of wanting to live healthier.

So as you go into the new year think about the things in your life that you would like to be different.  Break it down.  Make some goals.  Lets see how we do during 2011.

Part of making and keeping resolutions is sharing them with others to help you be accountable.  See today talking about my decisions to live healthier helps me.  By sharing my goals with you, I can resist that left over Christmas cookie calling me.  So, share your thoughts and resolutions with us.

No comments: